I had never heard of this special day until yesterday, so I thought I would use it. National Drive-Thru Day, I think we can agree that the food you usually buy at the drive-thru is not the most healthy of choices out there. Let’s do something about that just for today.
Here is a list of Drive-Thru restaurants and some of the healthiest item on the menu I could find.
- Honey Mustard Snack Wrap and a Side Salad = 260 calories (minus the dressing)
- Taco Bell
- Grilled Breakfast Burrito Bacon and Hash-brown = 183 calories
- Sonic Drive-in
- Apple Slices and Fat Free Carmel Sauce = 110 calories
- Dairy Queen
- Side Salad and Kid’s Chicken Strips = 285 calories
- Dunkin’ Donuts
- Egg & Cheese Wake-up Wrap and Iced Coffee with Skim Milk = 175
So there you have it. You can have your drive-thru and eat there too. Make a healthy choice today if you find your car turning in to a local drive-thru.