Simplify your health.
There are a number of ways to make your health care less complicated:
- Choose a healthy diet and exercise daily.
- Monitor your blood pressure and heart rate at home. Keep a record of comparison for your physician.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol, drugs and risk-taking behavior, such as base jumping or speeding.
- Have regular pampering treatments, such as massages.
- Meditate. This has long-term benefits and helps to keep you focused on what really matters.
Simplify your diet:
- Breakfast: Whole-grain cereals, fresh homemade bran muffins, fresh fruits, whole-grain toast with almond butter. 3 egg white + 1 whole egg scrambled.
- Lunch: Sandwiches such as turkey or avocado with tomatoes on whole wheat bread; pita filled with turkey, tomatoes and lettuce; soup or chili.
- Dinner: Soup; homemade vegetarian chili; hearty salad with nuts and spinach and avocados and lettuce and carrots and a light dressing; steamed veggies with seasoned brown rice.
- Snacks: Fruits, cut-up veggies, nuts, yogurt.
- Treats: Every now and then you need to treat yourself. If you’ve been good, splurge on some crazy fattening dessert. Or treat yourself with little things like a little bit of dark chocolate or chocolate covered strawberries.
Simplify your workout:
Make your workouts enjoyable! Do you have any workout videos or DVDs? Design a routine with them. Create a 20 minute workout for 4 days each week using a video or DVD.
20 minutes each day, just get moving!
- Do Squats and Lunges
- Do crunches and push-ups
- Ride a bike
- Lift weights
- Clean house