A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.
There are health benefits to having healthy friendships. Make sure you let your friends know that you appreciate them today.
- Increase your sense of belonging and purpose
- Boost your happiness
- Reduce stress
- Improve your self-worth
- Decrease your risk of serious mental illness
- Help you weather traumas, such as divorce, serious illness, job loss or the death of a loved one
- Encourage you to change unhealthy lifestyle habits, such as excessive drinking or lack of exercise
- Share in your good times, such as a new baby, a new job, a new house
Grab a friend and go do something healthy this week:
- Go for a walk
- Take an exercise class together
- Learn to cook a healthy meal together
- Join a book club
- Go shopping