There are a few things we can talk about today that will aid in our health that begin with the letter “L”. Let’s get the food out of the way first.
Lemons and Limes
Lemons: 1 fruit = 17 calories
Limes: 1 fruit = 20 calories
Slim Lemon Squares
Makes: 16 servings
Nonstick cooking spray
3/4 cup all-purpose flour plus 2 tablespoons
2/3 cup granulated sugar plus 3 tablespoons
1/2 stick cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 egg white
1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1. Coat an 8-x-8-x-2-inch baking pan with nonstick spray; set pan aside.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour and 3 tablespoons sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Pat mixture onto the bottom of prepared pan. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in the same bowl, combine egg and egg white. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until frothy. Add remaining sugar and flour, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon water, and baking powder. Beat on medium 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Pour mixture over baked layer in pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes more or until edges are light brown and center is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
4. Sift powdered sugar over top. Cut into 16 bars. Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition facts per serving (1 bar): 100 calories, 1g protein, 17g carbohydrate, 3g fat (2g saturated), 0g fiber
Luffa Gourd: 1 cup = 17 calories
Luffa Gourd/Luffa Sponge Video
Body Part: Legs
Jogging is very beneficial. It’s good for your legs and your feet. It’s also very good for the ground. If makes it feel needed. – Charles M. Schulz
Bodybuilding.com has The 5 Best Leg Exercises You’re Not Doing. I like doing four of these exercises.
1. Zercher Squat
2. Bulgarian Split Squat
3. Donkey Calf Raises
4. Glute-Ham Raise
5. Good Mornings – I don’t like this one.
Before we end our journey with “L”, let talk about laughter. Laughter really is the best medicine. When was the last time you really laughed? How about a good belly laugh? I think we need to laugh more. When something funny happens, laugh! Don’t laugh at somebody, but laugh at a situation. Take time to laugh!