Women take care of those boobies!
Physical activity can reduce the risk of breast cancer: Exercise boosts the immune system and helps you to keep your weight in check. With as little as three hours of exercise per week, or about 30 minutes a day, a woman can begin to lower her risk of breast cancer. This doesn’t require going to a gym either. Power walking is more than sufficient!
Foods that fight breast cancer:
- Omega 3s
- Cruciferous Vegetables – such as arugula, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, brussels sprouts, bok choy and kale are rich in sulforaphane – one of the primary phytochemicals (protective compounds found in plants) that helps prevent cancer.
- Folate – 1 -2 servings of folate rich foods. These include:
- Brewer’s yeast, 1 tablespoon = 313 mcg
- Lentils, 1/2 cup, cooked = 180 mcg
- Edamame, 2 cups = 179 mcg
- Romaine lettuce, 2 cups = 152 mcg
- Black/kidney beans, 1/2 cup, cooked = 128 mcg
- Spinach, 2 cups, fresh = 118 mcg
- Broccoli, 1 cup, chopped and cooked = 104 mcg
- Asparagus, 1 cup, fresh = 79 mcg
- Whole-wheat bread, 2 slices = 60 mcg
- Orange, 1 large = 55 mcg
When breast cancer is detected early, in the localized stage, the 5-year survival rate is 98%. – the national cancer institute