Stress over this holiday season is not the gift you want to receive. You don’t want to give the gift of stress either. If you are stressed everyone around you can feel it and see it. Do yourself a favor and plan your holiday event. If something isn’t part of your plan then it isn’t going to be added at the last minute.
Plan your work and work your plan. You life will be less stressful if you follow this quick tip.
How about a plan so you don’t get stressed and are just as relaxed as you want your family and guests to be.
Joy! This is the season of joy. You cannot feel the joy of the season if you are stressing out.
Gratitude! You can’t be grateful if you are griping.
Peace! You want your home to be a peaceful place for your guests.
When you are planning your event include time for yourself.
- Give yourself time for a relaxing bath or hot shower.
- Put on you favorite songs to relax to. (Not necessarily Christmas music.)
- While you are putting you plan into action, wear very comfortable clothes. (No high heels and restrictive clothes!) Change into your party fashions before your guests arrive.
- Start your day with a really nice workout. Leave the house for this. If you try to exercise in your home during this time, you may be interrupted by family. And looking around the house a thinking about what needs to be done could cause you to end your workout earlier than you should.
- Have healthy snacks for you to nibble on during the preparation time.
- If you have a family, be sure that you delegate items on your “to do” list. Even the little ones will want to help you.
- Fill your home with wonderful music, fragrances and lighted candles.
Enjoy these last few weeks of 2014. End the year with less stress and you can begin 2015 with energy, a positive attitude, and a great outlook on what is coming in the new year.