My husband has requested prime rib for Christmas dinner. I have made this before and it is amazing. It turns out perfect every time when I roast it in a roasting bag.
- Set your prime rib roast out on your counter 2 hours before you plan to cook it.
- When you’re ready to cook, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a Prime Rib Rub for the seasoning.
- Rub this mixture all over your prime rib roast.
- Place the seasoned prime rib roast in a cooking bag and tie shut. Make sure the fat side is facing up.
- Place the cooking bag in your roasting pan and put it in the preheated oven.
- Cook for 45 minutes and then reduce the oven temperature to 225 degrees.
- Cook an additional 3 hours for a small roast, 3 1/2 hours for a medium roast or 4 hours for a large roast.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 20 minutes before serving.This is the seasoning that I use. I also use it for pot roast and for French Dips.