Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips
- 10 tortillas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- For tortilla chips, cut tortillas of any size in half, then each half into wedges.
- Place onto a baking sheet.
- Spray or brush wedges lightly with vegetable oil or use non-stick cooking spray oil.
- Then sprinkle with salt. Adjust salt to your taste.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven until crisp, about 5-7 minutes.
- Tortilla chips can be made in advance then cooled and stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and diced
- 2 golden delicious apples, peeled cored and diced (or gala, fuji,etc.)
- 8 ounces raspberries
- 1 lb strawberry
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 cups cinnamon sugar
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, Golden Delicious apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar.
- Spray again with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes.
- Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges.
- Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes.
- Serve with chilled fruit and spice mixture.
To make these recipes I would substitute the tortillas used with these:
I use these all the time. My husband loves them for a healthy breakfast wrap.