I love casseroles! They are easy to assemble and the whole meal is in one pot, pan or dish.
This is my spin on a breakfast casserole that is a classic.
5 Whole Eggs + 15 Egg Whites
Green and Red Bell Pepper chopped – as much as you want.
Onion – chopped – as much as you want.
1 1/2 pounds of Breakfast Chicken Sausage
1 cup of shredded Jack/Cheddar Cheese
1. Cook the sausage in a pan. When finished drain off the fat and put the sausage in the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking pan. (No need to grease the pan.)
2. Sprinkle the sausage with the bell peppers and onions.
4. Top with the shredded cheese.
5. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for one hour. When the hour is up, remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes or until the casserole reaches the desired browning.
6. Remove from oven, place on cooling rack and cut into pieces.
I find this one casserole is enough for an entire week.
This is a great dish for crowd sized entertaining, or if you are going to a potluck and you need to bring a dish to pass.