This is one of my favorite topics when it comes to losing weight: rewarding yourself. Have you ever noticed that in our society we reward ourselves with food. Birthdays, anniversaries, promotions, good grades, a team win, the sale of a house, the birth of a baby, and yes we reward ourselves with food when we lose a few pounds.
Here is a change that you can make and it should be very easy.
- Don’t reward yourself with food when you have lost a few pounds.
- Don’t reward yourself with food when you now fit into a smaller size.
- Don’t reward yourself with food when the buttons on your shirt are not longer stretching at your girth.
A New List of Rewards
When you lose weight and you want to reward yourself think of these things as a food replacement and be sure to put your rewards in your budget:
- Pretty new dishes so your food looks beautiful and appetizing. It doesn’t have to be a full set, just a couple of plates, glasses or bowls.
- A new scarf to dress up and outfit
- A new set of dumbbells to help you in your weightlifting
- New shoes for walking or hiking
- Bubble bath or perfume
- Pots and pans
- Apron for cooking
- Golf clubs
- Softballs, baseballs, footballs, soccer balls
You get the idea. Don’t reward yourself with something that is going to bring back the old behaviors.
I hope I have given you some positive things to think about in this series.
- Get on a budget
- Take responsibility for your past and be responsible for your success
- Reward yourself with nice things that don’t involve eating