Things are going great with the Whole30 program. I have not had any urges to eat foods that are not on the Whole30. I’m getting closer to breaking the habit of sugar. I really want to stick to it this time.
6 Steps to Break the Sugar Habit
- Take small baby steps. Don’t jump in all at once! To many changes all at once can lead to failure.
- Think about your eating. Read labels. There is a lot of information in that tiny space on the package. You need to pay attention to what you are eating. Think about how much exercise you will need to do to burn off the calories you are going to eat.
- Make a plan. Start journaling your diet and exercise. If you keep track, then you will have a record of what works and what doesn’t.
- Set a small attainable goal for the week. Then make a plan and strive to reach that goal.
- Keep your expectations realistic. It takes about 30 days to break a habit. Don’t expect more from yourself than you know you can deliver.
- Practice managing stress. Instead of eating through your stress try exercise to work it off. Going for a 10 to 15 minute walk can give you a clearer thought process and help manage the stress. Whenever you find yourself at the refrigerator or reaching for the 7-11 in your desk drawer, turn around and walk away.