I’ve started eating new foods and eating more of them than I ever have in the past. Today I want to look at the nutritional information and the benefits of these foods.
Kiwi Fruit – Improves Eyes, Skin and Heart Health
- High Source of Vitamin C. If you thought that lemons and oranges were the highest sources of Vitamin C, then think again! …
- Sleep Inducer. Having trouble sleeping? …
- Good Source of Dietary Fiber. …
- Helps in Digestion. …
- Good Source of Folate. …
- Powerhouse of Vitamins and Minerals. …
- Beautiful Skin. …
I’m eating 3 – 4 of these each week.
Banana – Helps aid in digestion and can help boost your mood.
One medium size banana has roughly (in daily recommended values):
- 110 calories
- .5 grams of fat
- 27 grams of carbohydrates
- 14 grams of sugar
- 3 grams of fiber
- 1 gram of protein
- 25% vitamin B6
- 16% manganese
- 14% vitamin C
- 12% potassium
- 12% fiber
- 10% copper
- 10% biotin
- 8% magnesium
Pink Lady Apples – The healthiest apple to eat.
This is my new favorite apple! They are very firm like a Granny Smith but they are very sweet.
A recent scientific study, conducted at the University of Western Australia, found that the Pink Lady variety had the highest level of antioxidant flavonoids. Accordingly, they have a good claim to the title of the healthiest apple to eat.
I’m stocking up on these. They are on sale this week. 99 cents a pound!
Walnuts – The health benefits of walnuts include a reduction of bad cholesterol in the body, an improvement in metabolism, and control of diabetes.
Other important health benefits of walnuts stem from the fact that these nuts possess anti-inflammatory properties, aid in weight management, and help as a mood booster. They are also believed to slow down the spread of cancer.
Nutritional value in walnuts includes:
- energy of 190 cal in 1 ounce, or 30 grams, of walnuts.
- Carbohydrate content per 1 ounce is 4 grams.
- Protein found in 1 ounce is 4 grams.
- The total fat content found in 1 ounce is 18 grams, which includes both unsaturated fats and saturated fats.
- Dietary fiber found in walnuts is about 2 grams per ounce.
- The minerals found in them include calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, sodium, zinc, copper, manganese, and selenium.
Cucumber – Aids in weight loss.
- Keeps you hydrated. …
- Fights heat, both inside and out. …
- Flushes out toxins. …
- Nourishes you with vitamins. …
- Supplies skin-friendly minerals: magnesium, potassium, silicon. …
- Aids in weight loss. …
- Revives the eyes. …
- Cuts cancer risk.
In the past I hardly ever ate cucumbers because of the heartburn and after taste. This time around I’m eating half a cucumber each day. I’m not having any digestion problems with them at all.
Question: Have you ever had problems eating certain healthy foods, and then you tried new combinations and now you love that “problem” food? Please leave your comment below.