- 5 eggs;
- 4 to 8 thin slices of ham;
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced;
- 1/2 small onion, diced;
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced;
- ¼ tsp. chili flakes;
- Cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- Heat some cooking fat in the skillet placed over a medium-high heat.
- Cook the onions, peppers, and chili flakes until the onions are softened (about 6 minutes). Then add the tomato and cook for two minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and pour them over the vegetable mixture.
- Using a spatula, scramble the eggs until cooked through.
- Roll the ham slices with some egg in the middle and place the rolls back into the skillet.
- Cook each roll for a few seconds on each side, or until the ham is slightly brown.
- Serve the burritos with fresh salsa or guacamole.